06 May 2006

No, Charlie Daniels Does NOT Need Sensitivity Lessons

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Politics (Mexican Standoff):
“Mexican Standoff

“Claim: Country singer Charlie Daniels wrote an editorial about illegal immigration.

“Status: True.

“Example: [Collected via e-mail, 2006]

“MEXICAN STANDOFF

“I don’t know how everybody else feels about it, but to me I think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally, made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations.

“I don’t blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the United States of America, as it is a truly wonderful place. But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is illegal it is flat out wrong and I don’t care how many lala land left heads come out of the woodwork and start trying to give me sensitivity lessons.

[Rest of article here.]…”

No comments: