21 February 2007

Bermuda Acoustic Trio

One of my nieces got a myspace.com account a while back, and invited me to look at something, which required me to get my own account. Every now and again, I get a “I want to be your friend/I want you to be my friend” request from someone at myspace.

Some of them are from people who seem to be on the up-and-up, some of them are obvious sex come-ons, most of them I can’t figure out what conection there might be between us.

I got one yesterday from the Bermuda Acoustic Trio, from Modena, Italy. Their name sounded, and looked, close enough to the Boulder Acoustic Society (who have played at Don Quixote’s in Felton) that I went ahead and clicked through to their page. As every other band at myspace does, they have a few of their songs set up to play, in rotation, when your first arrive at the page. When I arrived, the page started playing A Casa; OMG, it’s one of those grab-you-by-the-lapels (and doesn’t let go) and thump-you-upside-the-head moments. Gawd, it’s gorgeous!!

They also have a very interesting version of Sultans of Swing. Check them out!

No comments: