15 October 2005

Rain Numbers - 15 October 2005

.04", for today
.04", for the storm
.05", for the month
.05", for the (rain) year

:::sigh:::

The battery/capacitor/solar panel combination in the weather station seems to be trying to behave, but the display was still showing 6.04" as the total for the year; the rain year here begins 1 October… Since I wasn’t sure if that was controlled by the panel or HCA, I didn’t dare contemplate fiddling.

I did notice, however, on a day following a nearly fully moon, that the display panel was depicting a new moon. I’m still not sure how I got there, but I pushed the right button to display the date and time, and we were still back in September!

Called Davis’ tech support, and the very nice, helpful young man stepped me through resetting the date and the time, and the yearly rain total (which is a good approximation).

No comments: