06 March 2008

“Have it Shipped to Someone Who Can”

Get mail delivered to the house, that is…

I went to the SkyMall Web site to pick up a couple of things I’d spotted in the in-flight catalogues. I added my treasures to the shopping cart and, since they didn’t specify a shipping method, put the p.o. box in the shipping address section. Clicking the button resulted in a quick “P.O. Boxes not welcome here” message.

Their telephone customer service is available 24/7 (a point in their favor), so I called, and the nice young man to whom I spoke informed me that the various “partners” shipped their own goods, some via UPS, some via FedEx, some via the post office. Well, then, why did the Web site reject my P.O. Box? P.O. Boxes are never accepted, says the nice young man. But, but, we don’t get mail delivered to our house. Well, then…

That’s three, straight off.

----------------
Now playing: The Sixteen - Salve Regina
via FoxyTunes

No comments: