08 March 2008

A Near-Tomaine Tommy Experience

We went to the Brewery for dinner. Perusing the specials menu, my eye first caught clam chowder, then bruschetta, then fried mozzarella, then the Italian sausage sandwich.   :::sigh:::   I haven’t had a decent Italian sausage sandwich in forever (Togo’s hasn’t had ’em in years…).

I was ready to settle in with the mozzarella and the sausage when my eye slid up the menu and there was Goddess salad with Goddess dressing. Instant time warp back to Tomaine Tommy’s and Green Goddess salad. Oh! Hope certainly springs eternal!!

After scaring me half to death telling me they were out, Burke doubled-checked with the chef, and sure enough, this was not some new-fangled, neo-something-or-other Santa Cruz thing with “goddess” stuck in the name for show; it was green, avocado-based dressing. There is a God, and He continues to love me!!

----------------
Now playing: Led Zeppelin - Since I’ve Been Loving You
via FoxyTunes

No comments: