06 February 2009

Mercury Rising

While Curtis was mooning (being mooned?), Dustin and I were sipping Cinnabar’s “proprietary red wine blend”, Mercury Rising.

I’d tried one or two Cinnabar (well, duh! Cinnabar is my favorite perfume, after all) single grape offerings, and IIRC, they weren’t bad; it’s been a while, so I’ll have to revisit. Dustin had no trouble at all recalling that Mercury Rising was his favorite, bar none.

It is wonderful!! And it’s even better with good blue cheese. Point Reyes Original Blue is heavenly! I imagine Maytag Blue would be just as splendid.

As a matter of fact, one of these days (real soon now), we’re going to have a red-wine-and-stuff-that-goes-good-with-it happening at beer thirty. Maytag and Point Reyes will be there, as will some dark chocolate. :::sigh:::

Cinnabar Cellars
Paso Robles, CA
http://www.cinnabarwine.com/

No comments: